Exercises will help you lose weight faster and more effectively. However, not everyone can go to the gym so the 5 exercises for weight loss we show you below will help you do wherever.
There are many variations to the lunge, but the plain jane forward lunge is still very effective for weight loss, as it works multiple muscles at once (think: glutes, quads, and hamstrings) for max calorie burn. Get ready to move those short-shorts to the front of your closet.
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Place hands on your hips or hold weights, and take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then bring your right leg home to start.
- Now do the other side by stepping forward with your left leg.
- Repeat 10 times on each side. Do a total of 3 sets.
This exercise effectively targets your core, chest, and legs simultaneously. Feel the burn and know you’re building lots of lean muscle.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Push your hips back, knees bent, and lower into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them. Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump your feet forward so they land just outside of your hands. Reach your hands up and jump explosively into the air.
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Complete 3 sets.
High-intensity workouts like this explosive lunge will get you sweating and torch major calories.
- Start with your feet together, hands on your hips. Step forward with your right leg.
- Bend until your right leg is at a 90-degree angle. Jump up, switch your legs in midair, and end with the left leg lunged forward.
- Repeat the lunges, switching sides for 1 minute. Complete 3 sets
Squats are one of the best exercises for weight loss. When you do them correctly, you engage your core and entire lower body.
- Start with feet hip-width apart, arms either at your sides or holding weights. Keeping your weight in your heels, begin lowering your legs and raising your arms in front of you.
- Keeping your back straight, lower until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Remember to keep your knees in line with your toes the entire time.
- Maintain an even pace and rise back to a standing position. Repeat 3 sets of 15 reps.
Take your traditional squats up a notch by incorporating a jump and lunge. The movement will increase your heart rate and you’ll feel the burn in your abs, butt, and legs.
- Lower into a deep squat and rise up as if you’re jumping, but land in a lunge position with your right leg back.
- Use momentum to jump from this lunge position back to a squat. Continue for 45 seconds, alternating legs. Do two sets total.
If you are a fan of outdoor activities, let’s try to read How to run correctly – one of the best outdoor exercises for weight loss.
Source: Fitness magazine